· This roof rack is 6 feet off the ground. So you need to lift the kayak 6 feet to place it in the
· The Easy Rack Ramp, with its four sections is 10 feet long.
· To calculate the mechanical advantage of the ramp , the ramp length divided by the height or 10’/6 ‘= 1.7. So the effort force to lift the kayak is increased by 1.7 times. Or for every pound of force applied to the kayak, the effective force is 1.6 pounds. The ramp does it’s job of making the lift easier and safer. On a shorter car of 5’ you get a 2 :1 advantage (for example, for every 10 pounds of push you get 20 pounds of lift.) .
Note: There is some loss due to friction but it is minimal with the smooth poles and smooth kayak so the calculation does not account for friction and is a bit inflated .
Submitted by: paddler908892 on 12/16/2020This rack ramp was a game changer for me! I can easily load my 12' kayak now onto my roof rack alone without issue! It shipped within a couple days, came within a week, and is super easy to set up, use, and store. I highly recommend this for paddlers who often go solo at some point in the process - makes loading and unloading a breeze! Customer service folks were really nice, too. Great product!
Submitted by: paddler906663 on 12/9/2020I purchased the Easy Rack Ramp immediately upon reading about it in Paddling Magazine. An elegant and simple solution! Alternatives are expensive and complicated. I can now put my Delta 16 on and off the roof of my Kia Forte with ease. No more worrying about getting help at the launch site from passers-by. I know I’m paddling more. Anyone can use this fantastic advance in kayak transportation. Totally - easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Submitted by: paddler865482 on 8/31/2020I am short, not as strong as I once was and usually paddle alone so putting my kayak or canoe on top of my car is a challenge. Easy Rack Ramp makes it so much easier. No need to worry about dropping a canoe on my car or myself! I just slide it up the ramp. Getting it off my car is just as easy, it slides right down. Overall I really like the ramp for its' simplicity and usefullness.
Items in the box:
1) Bundle of eight tubes to make two assembled poles for your ramp.
2) Two top tubes, each with a logo sticker at one end.
3) Two foam bumpers/ cushions with hook & loop tape attached.
4) Four identical tubes (two identical middle tubes for each assembled pole).
5) Two bottom tubes with black end caps.
The Ramp consists of two poles. The two poles are assembled from four tubes each. Split the pole parts into two piles.
A. The top tube section with the logo sticker.
B. Two identical middle tubes
C. One base tube with a black end cap
Assembly & attaching it to Your Vehicle:
1) Connect the top tube and one of the two matching middle tubes by slipping the inner tube in the base of the adjacent tube and then threading the hook & loop strap through the D-ring on the other tube and fastening it down. (No need to make it real tight. It just keeps the poles together.)
2) Connect the third/middle tube in the same manner.
3) Connect the base tube (with the black end cap), again in the same way. You are half done…
4) Assemble the second pole by repeating steps 1 to 3 above.
5) Now, place the assembled poles (composed of the four-tube sections all strapped together) adjacent to a roof rack.
6) Place the foam bumpers with hook & loop tape attached on the top of the pole to protect your vehicle. When you have determined the best place for the cushion you can mark the pole with a pencil and lower the pole so you can remove the backing on the Hook and Loop tape and position the cushion to best fit your vehicle.
7) With the cushions in place, place the pole up to the roof rack, and with the attached fastening straps connect it to the roof rack.
8) Position the second pole parallel to first and connect to roof rack in the same manner.
NOTE the ramp will accommodate boats/boards weighing up to ninty pounds.
Using your Easy Rack Ramp to Load and lower your boats/boards.
1) Place boat or board parallel to the vehicle at the base of the ramp created by the two poles
2) Bend over and push the boat/board up the ramp to the top
3) Push the boat/board onto the roof rack
4) If you have a second boat to load, move the ramp to the opposite side of the car by unfastening the two straps, moving the assembled poles to the other side of the vehicle and fastening them to the opposite sides of the roof rack with the attached straps.
5) To lower the boat/board repeat steps 1 to 4 and then pull the boat/board toward you and lower it down the ramp.
6) When you are done for the day the eight tubes can be bundled with the hook & loop straps as they were for shipping.
Disclaimers & Reminders:
The ramp connects to the roof rack with hook and loop straps on either side of the vehicle.
Copyright © 2020 Easy Rack Ramp - Patent Pending - All Rights Reserved.
"A safer way to Load & unload your roof rack."